Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NEW! NEW! Everything is new!

Welcome to the first entry in what I hope will be my ultra-popular and long-running blog.

If all goes according to plan (when does it ever?) I will be posting projects that I am working on, as well as new vintage & artsy craftsy items that I am posting for sale on etsy. I also hope to impart any helpful techniques or info that I come across in my art explorations. I am an avid collector of vintage items. I see myself as one part conservator and one part mad scientist as I am motivated by the need to perserve uncommon items from the past as well as combine vintage items into mixed-media assemblage and upcycled useful items. I will endeavor to post something new at least once a week, so stay tuned for new stuff!

Below are some pictures of items that I will be posting for sale in the coming week:

Vintage items (at www.meretriciousvintage.etsy.com)

Clip on rhinestone earrings $10
Old school glamour!

Vintage brass bowling buckle $10
Let everyone know you improved your average!

Green glass vintage vase $15
Unique modern design!

Dutch enamel skillet $22
Made in Holland for your cooking/whomping pleasure!

White & black enamel vessel $15
Unusual shape with a myriad of uses!

Black & white enamel food storage tray $15
Stylish storage for all manner of items.

Mixed media assemblages (available at www.meretriciouscreation.etsy.com)

Gypsy Woman $22

Crumbling Luck $44

Guardian Angel $75

Virgin Mary Shrine $75

Upcycled vintage purses with vinyl applique (available at www.meretriciouscreation.etsy.com)

NOLA, Mon Amour clutch wallet $24

Between the Devil & the Deep purse $28


Handmade jewelry (available at www.meretriciouscreation.etsy.com)


Bullseye ring made from vintage buttons (adjustable) $12

Old Growth beaded necklace $32

Desert Flowers beaded necklace $34

Earth & Sky beaded necklace $32

I apologize for the lack of dimensions on these items, my hectic schedule has precluded my getting out the tape measure and doing what needs to be done! I hope that you like what you see, upon further review I notice that some of the pictures are a bit overexposed, but you get the drift. If all goes according to plan I will have these items up for sale by next Monday (February 9).
If you have any questions about any of the items I have posted, please feel free to put them in the comments, I will respond as quickly as possible.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Great necklaces. If I can ever bring myself to tkae off my husband's ring I'll get some. Meantime, I DO need some stuff for my house...

    Keep up the great work!

    Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. I've been a bit lax with getting stuff into the online shop, but hopefully today will bee the day. Of course I have said that everyday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have waaaaaaay to much talent! ;) Absolutely gorgeous stuff! I love it! If my hubby worked at a much better establishment... (giggle, giggle, wink, wink)! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sweetie! I love the stuff you do too, I keep meaning to get one of those kleenex monsters, maybe we can work out a trade? I'm flexible...
    :D

    And yeah, why can't your husband get a better job?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete