Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vintage items that will be available at the next Walden Fair

The next Walden Artisan Fair be the last weekend of March at the Walden building at 1900 Eastland Avenue across from Rosepepper Cantina. I am not yet sure of the hours, but it will be Saturday & Sunday and will play host to a great cross section of local talent. At the last fair there were several painters, a couple of AMAZING vintage clothing booths, hand made candles, a leather artist, fabulous knitware, some of the best jewelry makers I have seen in Nashville and of course myself with vintage accessories, clothing & home decor as well as all the wacky art, jewelry & hand made whatnots that you have come to expect from me.

Below is a preview of some of the new vintage items ("new vintage" is much like "jumbo shrimp") that I will have available at this upcoming event.

The following shoes are size 7:


These have a slight scuff on one of them (I can’t remember which one off the top of my head), it may be just smutz and I have not tried to clean it off yet. You can make like Dorothy of Kansas in the book, not the movie and click the heels of your silver shoes all over town! $12

Classic black heels great with jeans, great with a cocktail dress, just plain great. $12


The following shoes are all size 8:

3 words: Designer Italian Leather
1 more word: AWESOME!
$35


Slipper style leopard print heels! **SQUEAL!** These make me want to cut part of my foot off ala the original Cinderella step-sisters to fit in them! Too graphic? Too bad, these shoes are hot! $25



These (and the navy version) are made of a stretchy, slinky, slouchy material which I bet is mad comfy, except I can’t try them on, because I have giant boat feet! $25

(these look black in the photo, but they are actually navy blue) $25

Yes, these are clear heels, you saw that, That just happened! I have another pair that is older (from the 60’s these are from the 80’s) but they need to be resoled, but when they are repaired they will be available for purchase as well. $25


Full length gold evening gloves. $8

This outfit is a must for anyone who wants to rock the “sexy librarian” look. Between the flirty black ruffle at the bottom of the skirt, to the eyelet lace of the top you’ll have tongues lolling on the ground when you walk by in this!
Blouse $15
Skirt $30

If you ever wanted to re-enact Cher’s “Half-Breed” video, here’s your chance. That is all hand beaded and still has the packet of replacement beads pinned to it for repairs! $38

Lovely beaded peacock blouse. This is GORGEOUS! (as well as pretty sheer as I discovered when photographing it!) $50

Oh yes, this IS on of those scale mail rocker tops from the 80’s and you KNOW that you want it! $25

Wide black, studded, leather belt. This one says I like to stay current, but I can also kick your ass! $8

Long beaded cord to be worn as a belt or “scarf”, it’s all sassy & sparklie! $12

Champagne beaded scarf. Watch yourself if you decide to throw it over your shoulder and flounce out of a room, you may put an eye out! $15

Off-white bohemian belt $10

Hotsy-totsy beaded belt nice & wide so as to stay up with the trends. $15

No comments:

Post a Comment